Tuesday – Thursday: 11:30am – 2:00pm, 5:30pm – 9:00pm
Friday: 11:30am – 2:00pm, 5:30pm – 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:30pm – 10:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am – 1:30pm, 5:30pm – 8:45pm
Modern Cantonese Dining
Our talented and outstanding team at The Rice Den use farm-to-table ingredients to create delicious modern Cantonese dishes inspired by our homeland.
Our dishes are perfectly matched with our in-house sommelier selected wines and our unique Canton-inspired cocktails.
The Rice Den is a perfect venue for all occasions, whether you’re having a quick business lunch, an intimate dinner for two, or a boisterous group gathering. And if that isn’t enough, you can take The Rice Den home with you.
You can even, browse through our Cantonese deli and pick up one of our housemade sauces, condiments or loose leaf teas, all of which have been specially created in collaboration with our finest suppliers.
For bookings of 8 or more persons, our banquet menu applies.
(G) Gluten Free. (GOp) Gluten Free – Optional.
Public Holidays – 10% surcharge applies on all items.
- Traditional hand made cheong fun peanut sesame, hoisin sauce
- Stir fry roast duck san choi baohoisin sauce
- Crispy lamb spring rollssour plum sauce
- Lightly fried calamari with five spice salt pickled ginger mayonnaise
- Steamed Cone Bay barramundi fillet with ginger, shallot and soy sauce
- Free range Shandong half chicken on a bed of crispy Chinese kale with red vinegar, garlic, shallot and coriander dressing
- Steamed bok choy oyster sauce
- Lotus leaf wrapped fried rice Chinese sausage, prawn and shiitake mushroom
- Traditional pan fried shallot pancake house made chilli sauce
- Crispy vegetable dumplings red vinegar and ginger dipping sauce
- Mixed vegetable san choi bao garlic chive, hoisin sauce (GOp)
- Shiitake mushroom and tofu hotpot (GOp)
- Stir fry broccolini preserved mustard green (GOp)
- Cantonese vegetarian fried rice assorted mushroom, pickled radish, tofu (GOp)
House made small eats
Rice and noodles
Classic cocktails are available upon request.
“The Rice Den manages a fine balancing act, doing thoroughly modern Chinese with a sense of fun and a keen eye honouring the past.”Read Review
“It is a crime I did not write this article before the year’s end. Realistically this venue should be in my Top 10. It served me one of my favourite dishes of 2016. The good news is that so far it is my Number One venue of 2017. I will count it towards this year’s list.”Read Review
The AU Review
“…a cosy and understated home-away-from-home type restaurant, this place has most definitely got what it takes to hopefully lead an improved dining scene in St Leonards.”Read Review
Come dine with us. Make a booking
Tuesday – Thursday
9:00 am – 10:00 pm
5:30pm – 9:00pm
Friday – Saturday
11:30am – 2:00pm
5:30pm – 10:00pm
5:30pm – 10:00pm
11:30am – 1:30pm
5:30pm – 8:45pm